Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio to rock the 2018 Milwaukee Concours d’Elegance
Milwaukee, Wis. – July 5, 2018 – Fans of Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio (WHRR) will be delighted to meet Captn’ Bob and Arlo on Sunday, Aug. 5, where they will be broadcasting live from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on the grounds of Veterans Park during the 2018 Milwaukee Concours d’Elegance.
Heard Saturdays 9 to 10 a.m. on Milwaukee’s The Fonz FM, 100.3, 107.3 FM and AM 1290, WHRR is Wisconsin’s first and only radio show that celebrates car clubs and is dedicated to gearheads, flame throwing rat rods, drag strip tire smoke, chromed-out wheels and B-side jukebox treasures.
The radio show works with Discovery Network which includes the History and Velocity Channels. Specials guests who have been on the show include Eric Bizek of JDM Legends, Mike Brewer and Ant Anstead of Wheeler Dealers, Wayne Carini of Chasing Classic Cars , Jay Leno of Jay Leno’s Garage”, Donald Osborne and Colin Comer, Dave Kindig of Bitch’n Rides, Jo Coddington, Mike and Jim Ring, the Ring brother’s from Wisconsin, Joe Martin of” Iron Resurrection and many more. They also work with SEMA for the laws of our state. Their international broadcast has listeners from not only the U.S. but also France, UK, Sweden, Spain, Poland, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. They have been on the air for more than 11 years.
Stop in and say hello to Captn’ Bob and Arlo from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Aug. 5. Look for the WHRR tent in the Show & Glow Paddock area within Veterans Park.
Car clubs: Get your group together to show your favorite rides in the Show & Glow Paddock, the casual car show that is part of the Milwaukee Concours d’Elegance, on the same day – Aug. 5. Details and online registration available here: https://www.milwaukeeconcours.com/show-glow/
Questions about the Show & Glow Paddock can be directed to David Curro, chair. Dcurro1@wi.rr.com
In addition to the Aug. 5. Show & Glow Paddock and Milwaukee Concours d’Elegance, a judged event, the weekend of activities includes:
- Motor Tour on Saturday morning, Aug. 4, departing from Veterans Park. Spectators welcome to see the cars off. TV star, acclaimed appraiser and celebrity judge Donald Osborne will be among those driving in this tour. No charge for the public to see the tour depart. One lucky bidder in the Silent Auction can be the passenger in the car driven by Osborne in the Motor Tour. View the Silent Auction here: http://Elegance18.givesmart.com
- Seminar on Saturday afternoon, Aug. 4, featuring car collecting experts who will discuss emerging markets as cars are coming of age. The public is invited. This is a ticketed event.
- Style & Speed Social on Saturday evening, Aug. 4, at the Milwaukee Club. The public is invited. This is a ticketed event.
- Youth judging with members of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee on Sunday morning, Aug. 5 in Veterans Park. The youth will be guided in their judging work and will select their favorite vehicle – two-or four-wheeled and will present a special award.
- Hagerty Ride & Drive from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Aug 5 (open to the public). Ever wanted to take a spin in a ’60 Fury? How about a ’69 Chevy Camaro SS? These are the kinds of cars you can expect to find at the Ride & Drive. Sign-up on grounds on Sunday at Hagerty’s booth. First come, first served. Paid admission to grounds on Sunday required.
- Autism Society’s award for the group’s favorite vehicle.
- Hear enlightened commentary by Donald Osborne, celebrity judge, as vehicles are brought up for the class awards and the premier awards.
- Enjoy a variety of food and beverages.
Learn about all of these events by visiting MilwaukeeConcours.com.
Learn more about WHRR at www.wisconsinhotrodradio.com.