This magnificent event held each August hosts a juried Concours d’Elegance accompanied by the Show & Glow casual car show. It will celebrate its 15th anniversary on Aug. 3-4, 2019. In total it features more than 400 examples of some of the finest examples in the automotive world. Located at scenic Veterans Park on the shores of Lake Michigan, the event kicks the weekend off with a driving tour for concours and Show & Glow Paddock cars alike, seminars open to the public, a relaxed social held on Saturday evening, and on Sunday a renowned automotive show.
Past guests of honor have included Jim Wangers, the Godfather of the GTO, Wayne Carini of Chasing Classic Cars and most recently Donald Osborne from Jay Leno’s Garage.
The proceeds of the event benefit three Milwaukee charities – Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin, Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee and Meta House. Since its inception in the event has donated more than $300,000 to charities.
Whether a Duesenberg or a classic pre-war luxury car or a muscle car tickle your fancy – they are all in attendance. The event also features interesting vendors of unique products and some of Milwaukee’s finest food. Become a part of this noteworthy event by volunteering to serve on one of the various committees by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your area of interest. Committee formation is currently under way, and activities start in earnest right after the first of the year.
- Concours committee: Work with the Concours chairs to source vehicles for the judged Milwaukee Concours. A working knowledge of concours along with a solid list of contacts who own vintage and classic cars is required. Over the years we have featured cars from a variety of different states as well as Europe and will continue to grow our out of state presence.
- Show & Glow Paddock: Work with the Concours chairs to organize and promote the Paddock, which is the casual car show that is part of the Milwaukee Concours. Includes working on the layout of the field, awards, promotion of participation among area and regional car clubs. The registrar who handles the online registrations is a key member of the committee. The registrar must have strong computer skills to collect and manage the data submitted by the entrants. Committee meets monthly.
- Style & Speed Social with silent auction. Work with committee chair to plan and execute this event which occurs the evening prior to the Milwaukee Concours. Help to plan evening menu, secure appealing items for the silent auction, work with silent auction online vendor and promote event.
- Concours Village: Work with committee chair to secure car- and non-car-related vendors with products and services who will exhibit on the show field in kiosks or tents. Ensure good communication before, during and after the event with these vendors.
- Food and Beverage vendors: Work with committee chair to secure a variety of food and beverage vendors for the show day. Ensure good communication before, during and after the event.
- Motor Tour: Work with committee chair to plan and execute the Motor Tour which occurs on Saturday morning. Includes route planning, points of interest and lunch stop. Ensure good communication before, during and after the event with participants and appropriate local officials.
- Grounds maintenance: Work with committee chair to ensure grounds are kept clean; collect trash throughout the day on Sunday.
- Grounds set-up: Work with committee chair to develop a layout for the grounds; be on site Friday and Saturday, as needed, to assist in grounds set-up.
To express your interest in serving on any of these committees, please send an email to email@example.com and include your full name, a phone number and indicate the committee which you are interested in serving on or learning more about.